Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 38: Travelin' through

Just a quick one to say we have departed. We're right in the middle of our 7 hr layover in Jo'burg, and will fly out of South Africa at about 8:30p. It's a bit surreal, to be honest. Goodbyes were sad and awkward as it didn't really feel like we were leaving until we flew out. It felt like we were saying, "See you tomorrow" or something.

oh yeah, and on Wednesday we jumped off a 33 story (100m freefall) cliff into the abyss of the Oribi Gorge. Yes it was awesome. Yes I'm alive, and YES i have it on video. I'll try and get it on facebook when I get stateside again. Just know we're pretty much the most hardcore people you'll ever know.

Excited to be going home, sad to be leaving, but so pumped to see what the next 6 months of my life are going to look like. Thank you so so much to everyone who supported our team and me, and know I have been so overly blessed and have grown so much. I'll never be the same.

I'll try and update travel statuses from London! Peace out

Katy

No comments: